There are many legal and practical aspects to running an organisation. You may need to write policies on Health and Safety, GDPR or Safeguarding, or someone in your organisation may need some practical training.
Here you can find policies, processes and training to keep your organisation running smoothly.
Have a question or can’t find what you are looking for? Contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org or 01904 704177.
Community First Yorkshire Resource Sheets
- GDPR – many organisations keep personal data and need to know the legal requirements for storage and use.
- Employment Advice Service podcast: Episode 1 – Redundancy
- Employment Advice Service podcast transcript on Redundancy
- Hybrid Working Hub – Here you will find a collection of HAYS best hints, tips and guides to help you excel in a hybrid working world.
- Planning for hybrid working – Advice from the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) on how organisations can begin to prepare for a return to the workplace and a longer term move to hybrid working
- Hybrid working – Advice from Acas for employers on how to consider, discuss and introduce hybrid working.
- The Future of Work – This report by Nationwide looks at how the pandemic has impacted different generations and demographics and how people might want to work in future. It also shines a light on how Nationwide, and other, are responding to the opportunities presented by Covid-19 on how many of us might do our jobs going forward.
- NCVO’s new digital and technology hub for charities – Use digital tools and ways of working to help your charity, organisation or community group
- Catalyst How to move digital teams from service to strategy – This article looks at digital transformation
- Charity Digital – How to make Zoom training sessions more interesting
- Reboot platform a step-by-step interactive guide for charities, local voluntary networks and schools to combat digital exclusion in their neighbourhood.
- The Charity Learning Consortium – online little books
- Trillium – Digital Culture for Charities e-book
- Make It Click – Working from home resources including video tools for online meetings, apps for managing projects, and tips on how to adapt to remote working
- Lincs Digital – How To Guides useful for voluntary and community sector (VCS) organisations who are supporting people to get online.
- Charity Digital – podcasts for charities adapting to going digital
- Local Trust – A guide to staying connected
- Charity Digital – People first, how to manage a successful charity digital transformation
- NAVCA – 13 Free Digital Tools for Charities
- Lloyds Bank Foundation – Designing and Delivering Online Sessions toolkit
- The Curve – Digital skills training for the third sector
Health and Safety
- North Yorkshire Education Services – HS09: Risk Assessment for Managers (RoSPA Approved)
- North Yorkshire Education Services – HS01: An Introduction to Health and Safety at Work
- North Yorkshire Education Services – HS07: An Introduction to Managing Health and Safety
- North Yorkshire Education Services – HSWG15: Introduction to Risk Assessment (RoSPA Approved)
- Tyro Training – courses on food safety, Fire Marshals, Health and Safety, Risk Assessment, First Aid
- ALSS – courses on adult social care, equality and diversity, safeguarding, health and safety
- Livius Training Centre – courses on Health and Safety, First Aid, Fire Safety, Food Safety
Safeguarding your organisation
- Cyber Security Essentials – Lloyds Bank Foundation have developed a series of free resources and videos to help protect you and your organisation from the growing threat of cybercrime.
- NCSC training to prevent cyber attacks – This online training guides small organisations through all the actions needed to be taken to reduce the likelihood of becoming victim of the most common cyber-attacks.
- The Met Police’s Little Big Book of Scams – this booklet highlights the most common frauds people are currently falling victim to and aims to protect yourself against fraud.
- Fraud Advisory Pane Keeping your charity safe in the pandemic and beyond – this is a new help sheet on ‘Keeping your charity safe in the pandemic and beyond’.
- Community First Yorkshire – ACRE Village Hall Safeguarding Week (16 – 22 November): we’re working with ACRE to promote good safeguarding practice to village and community halls. Find resources, tips and examples of best practice.
- Community First Yorkshire – Ten actions trustee boards need to take to ensure good safeguarding governance
- Charity Digital – 10 Point Checklist to Help Secure Your Data
- SCVO Digital – Digital safeguarding podcast
- Catalyst – DigiSafe: step-by-step guide to digital safeguarding
- Charity Fraud Awareness Hub – Covid-19 and charity fraud: what to watch out for and how to stay safe
- Charity Digital – 5 steps every charity should take to improve their cyber security
- Charity Digital & National Cyber Security Center – Cyber Security: setting up your charity’s risk management regime
- Charity Digital & National Cyber Security Center – Prevention is better than the cure: is your charity doing enough to protect from cyber attacks?
- Charity Digital & National Cyber Security Centre – keeping your charity cyber secure
- NCVO – Risk Webinar Series
- Community First Yorkshire: guide to GDPR – many organisations keep personal data and need to know the legal requirements for storage and use.
- Charity Digital – HR: the GDPR risks that could catch your charity out
- ICO – Guide to the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
- West and North Yorkshire Chamber of Commerce – The Essentials of GDPR
- University College London – Introduction to GDPR: General Data Protection Regulation
- Effective Community Engagement Guidebook and Toolkit – We have created this handy resource, comprising a guidebook and toolkit, which brings together learning from a range of communities and provides a step-by-step guide to running an effective community engagement project.
- Free adaptability resources and tools are available by Charity Aid Foundation (CAF) to help charities build their resilience and adapt for the future.
- Markel Guide to Charity Insurance – this guide will walk you through the different types of insurance your charity needs from public, employers and trustee liability to professional indemnity insurance.
- Survive & Thrive 2021 Charity Excellence Framework have produced a strategy toolkit assessing the 2021 outlook and detailing everything you need to mitigate risks and exploit opportunities.
- NCVO How charities work – NCVO has created this site to answer some of the common questions people have about how charities work.
- CharityJob Diversity in Charity Sector Recruitment: A Hiring Guide – Are the recruitment practices at your charity inclusive enough? Read this diversity guide and find everything you need to audit your organisation, build better hiring practices and inspire collaboration and inclusivity in everything you do.
- The King’s Fund – Maintaining motivation in uncertain times
- NCVO – How to be a resilient organisation
- CIPD – online modules and resources to support employers responding to the coronavirus
- Directory of Social Change – online training on Health and Safety at Work, HR Skills, Making People Welcome, Protecting Data (GDPR), Protecting your Charity
- Acas experts run free regular webinars on employment law topics and employment relations
You may also be interested in: