Good long term planning is key for all organisations. You may need to write a forward plan, business plan or even a plan for a special project. Planning will help to focus your organisation’s work and to achieve its aims. It provides an easy way to explain your aims to funders and supporters. Don’t forget to show the impact of your work through evaluating your achievements; this can help with future funding applications or attracting more people to you organisation.
Here you can find out how to plan for success, design a project and evaluate what you have achieved.
Have a question or can’t find what you are looking for? Contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org or 01904 704177.
Community First Yorkshire Resource Sheets
Strategic and Business Planning
- NVCO – Strategy made easy:simple steps to producing your strategic plan
- Plunkett Foundation – An introduction to preparing a business plan for a rural community business
- Plunkett Foundation – Writing your business plan – questions to ask
- Plunkett Foundation – Business Plan Template
- NCVO – New manager’s guide to planning, delegating and setting performance goals
- Media Trust – A guide to measuring impact
- theFSI – 1.5 Hour Webinars (Webinar90)
- NCVO – What difference are we making? Understanding and assessing impact
Training from other providers
- Cranfield Trust – Update yourself on key management topics
- Tyro Training – Business skills and management
- Directory of Social Change – online training on management
- Parish plan guidance – This is an introduction to parish plans (also known as community-led plans)
- Data North Yorkshire
- Indices of Deprivation
You may also be interested in: