People are the bedrock of voluntary and community groups; be they paid staff, volunteers or the community you work with. Well trained staff and volunteers and understanding the needs of your community are key to success. Looking after your people is essential.
Here you can find help to develop your paid and voluntary workforce and reach out to your community.
Have a question or can’t find what you are looking for? Contact us on email@example.com or 01904 704177.
Community First Yorkshire Resource Sheets
Volunteer Information Sheets
- Becoming a Volunteer Ready Organisation
- Creating a Friendly Volunteer Environment
- Volunteers and Employment Law
- Writing a Volunteer Policy
- Sample Volunteering Policy 1
- Sample Volunteering Policy 2
- Vounteer Role Descriptions
- Diversifying Your Volunteer Base
- Finding Your Volunteers
- Recruiting Volunteers
- Volunteer Agreements Final
- Support and Supervision
- What to do if things go wrong
- Involving Young People as volunteers
- Sample Consent Form for a Young Person aged under 18
- OpenLearn – Introducing the voluntary sector
- Innovations in Dementia – guide for volunteers supporting a person with dementia
- NCVO – Advice on involving and managing volunteers during the coronavirus outbreak
- Institute for Volunteering Research (IVR) – reports, data & statistics
- UK Civil Society ALMANAC 2019 – data, trends, insights
- NCVO – Good practice in volunteer management
- NCVO – Get the perfect volunteer -creating volunteer roles
- School for Social Entrepreneurs – Recover & Rebuild: Managing wellbeing & avoiding burnout
- Samaritans – resources about your mental health Mental Health & Wellbeing during the coronavirus outbreak
- The King’s Fund – Mental health & Wellbeing resources to help those working across health & care.
- Relationship Matters – website that helps families facing distress on relationships during lockdown.
- York & North Yorkshire Growth Hub – Mental Health & Wellbeing Toolkit
- Our Frontline – Mental health and wellbeing resources
- Zero Suicide Alliance – e-training
- Health Education England – Suicide Prevention e-learning
- ALSS – Dimentia Awareness, Mental Health Awareness, Equality and Diversity, Adults with Learning Difficulties, team building, confidence, social care, autism
- IDAS – Domestic Abuse Awareness Training
- CharityComms – A wellbeing guide for comms professionals
Training from other providers
- Recovery College Online – online educational courses and resources to people with experience of mental illness
- University of York – free online learning sessions to help businesses and charities recover, innovate and grow.
- Selby College – free distance learning courses to support CPD and upskilling
- The Skills Network offers a range of over 35 free, fully funded courses in subjects including healthcare, childcare, health and well-being, business, mental health, personal development and more.
- We Find Any Learner – free distance learning courses to upskill your workforce, improve or develop new skills.
- Department for Education – The Skills Toolkit, free digital and numeracy courses to help you build up your skills
- British Red Cross – Training for coronavirus volunteers
- The Open University – Improving health and wellbeing
- The Open University – Young people’s wellbeing
- Voluntary Action Sheffield – Level 3 Award in Volunteer Management – Distance Learning Qualification
- Voluntary Action Sheffield – Level 4 Certificate in Volunteer Management – Distance Learning Qualification
- ALSS – dementia awareness, mental health awareness, autism awareness, equality & diversity, learning disabilities, team working, effective communication, motivation, confidence building
- Tyro Training – communication skills, appraisals, developing a team, time management, managing performance, managing stress in the workplace, managing volunteers, autism awareness, dementia awareness, equality & diversity, adult safeguarding
- Directory of Social Change – online training on personal development
- UK Parliament – free online events and training to help get your voice heard
- Spark & Co – Covid-19 BAME Resource Hub
- Citizens Online – resources to help you stay in touch with family, friends or colleagues during the coronavirus outbreak
- Happy City – Happiness Pulse
- Lloyds Bank Foundation – Personal Development Planning
- Prince’s Countryside Fund – The Village survival guide
You may also be interested in: