All organisations need a good financial base. Good money management is essential and many organisations need to apply to funders.
Here you can find out how to manage your money and apply for funding.
Have a question or can’t find what you are looking for? Contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org or 01904 704177.
Community First Yorkshire Resource Sheets
- Evidencing Need and Defining Outcomes
- Fundrasing before you start – projects
- Researching Funders
- How to write successful applications
- Fundraising: raffles, lotteries and tombolas – this gives a precis of legal requirements for running raffles, lotteries and tombolas.
- NCVO Funding and Income – Find practical tips and step-by-step guides on how to find the money you need for your community group, organisation or charity.
- Cranfield Trust Forecasting in a time of uncertainty – 7 tips to help you budget: In these unprecedented times, charities have to cope with a great deal of uncertainty. What can help finance teams with their forecasts? Cranfield Trust shares 7 tips!
- Bates Wells – Crisis Decision Tool: a useful planning tool to use in a crisis
- School for Social Entrepreneurs – Recover & Rebuild: Cashflow in a crisis: a Covid-19 related 40 min Youtube video on cash flow, recovery and rebuilding.
- GOV.UK – Guidance about coronavirus related financial difficulties for charities.
- NCVO – Financial difficulty and insolvency: useful guide on what to think about if your organisation is in serious financial difficulty
- GOV.UK – Charity money, tax and accounts: this will take you to a list of contents on gov.uk for charity money, tax and accounts.
- NCVO – Fundraising, finances, and the future: four-in-one training pack: this will take you to a list of useful charged for courses
- NCVO – Preparing project budgets: 30-minute beginners guide: this link will take you to a number of videos. The first is free there’s a charge for the rest.
- CFG – The small charities guide to preventing fraud: this simple guide and checklist will help you keep your organisation safe.
- Sayer Vincent LLP – Reserves policies made simple: a clearly written guide to how your reserves policy fits in with budgeting and decision making.
- Making Tax DigitalCharity Digital – Take your first step to becoming HMRC compliant: this resource is quite technical but very useful.
Other training providers
- West Yorkshire Accounting Service (WYCAS) – range of finance based training, templates and resources for charities
- ALSS – Sage, Business Skills, Bookkeeping, accounting
- theFSI – webinars
- Tyro Training – computerised accounting, budgeting, finance for non-finance managers
- NCVO – training videos and resources on sustainable funding, preparing project budgets, fundraising, finances, funding bids
- Directory of Social Change – online training on Understanding Finance
- The Chartered Institute of Fundraising: Fundraising in the time of Covid-19 – This booklet offers practical suggestions on how to keep the supporter experience at the forefront of your fundraising in the extraordinary times we all find ourselves in.
- Blackbaud Fundraising Focus: Looking Beyond Covid-19 – This e-book shares a collection of advice and key insights from fundraising experts on what they believe should be a key priority for organisations in 2021.
- Enthuse – Christmas Donor Trends for Charities
- Blackbaud – End-of-Year Fundraising Toolkit 2020
- Charity Digital – Is Community Fundraising the future of charity fundraising?
- Charities Aid Foundation – How to write a great grant application
- Charities Aid Foundation – charity fundraising tips, advice and resources
- Blackbaud – The status of UK Fundraising 2020 Report
- Reason Digital – Digital fundraising in a hurry during the Coronavirus crisis
- Charity Fundraising Ltd – Free fundraising consultation for UK Charities affected by Coronavirus
- Fundraising Regulator – Code of Fundraising Practice
- Fundraising Regulator – Resource library
- NCVO – Local and community fundraising
- Institute of Fundraising – Fundraising Essentials
- NCVO – Write a winning funding bid
- NCVO – funding and income resources
- Charity Digital – Want to drive more donations? Get to know your audience
- nfpSynergy – Gimme, Gimme, Gimme! A guide to fundraising for small organisations
- NCVO – How to fundraise in tough times
- Institute of Fundraising – Connecting people to causes
- theFSI – Fundraising Conference Top Tips Series
- Edge Fund – help with fundraising
You may also be interested in: