All organisations need a profile within their local community and with users/customers. Sometimes this is through hard copy and the printed word such as posters and fliers, but increasingly social media and websites are playing a bigger role.
Here are some tips to help you get your message across.
Have a question or can’t find what you are looking for? Contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org or 01904 704177.
Social Media and Digital Marketing
- Digital Template: Social Media Guidelines – This template created by Heritage Digital provides you with a starting point to ensure your social media remains on brand and consistent.
- Charity Digital Top tips to make your digital marketing #BeMoreInclusive – Watch this session to learn key tips, tricks and easy wins for making your digital content more inclusive.
- Media Trust – Top tips for making charity films in 2020 and beyond: This video has some great tips on how to make sure your films have the biggest impact with your audiences.
- Charity Digital – the best free marketing templates for charities: Discover the best free marketing templates to help your charity draft a high-level marketing plan for your digital campaign or overall strategy.
- Charity Digital – Connecting your cause to Covid-19: a topical update on making your digital marketing relevant during the pandemic.
- NCVO – Digital communications for successful campaigns: easy to follow, comprehensive resources on what you need to know.
- Small Charities Coalition – An introduction to social media for small charities: YouTube video on setting up on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn
- Media Trust – Eight golden rules of Instagram for charities: bitesize YouTube video on how to make the most of your Instragram account.
- Media Trust – Four ways to boost your social media content: some great top tips on improving your social media interaction
- Media Trust – 15 Digital Resources for Community Groups: it’s worth taking a look at these useful tips for improving your social media accounts.
- DSC – charity digital marketing: five practical tools: great whistle stop tour of some useful digital tools.
- North Yorkshire Learning Zone – introduction to social media – get to grips with social media for your organisation.
- Charity Digital – The basics of web development: All charities need professional and practical websites that can support all their public-facing activities. In this article you will find out all about the basics of web development
- Charity Digital – 7 tips for a successful charity website: Discover some top tips to help you craft a website that will leave a lasting impression on your supporters.
- Care2 toolkits & guides: Care2 creates and curates free guides each year. Visit their website and discover the latest strategies in nonprofit fundraising and communications.
- NCVO – Getting your message across: effective writing for everyone
- NCVO – Communicating your charity’s message: get the basics right
- Media Trust – 10 Tips for Improving your Charity Communications and Sustainability
Training from other providers
- Third Sector Lab – The Curve – This is a series of free, 90-minute workshops for third sector organisations which aim to build knowledge around best digital practices, raise awareness of digital tools and ultimately help increase impact with digital.
- Virtual College – Website Management training
- Virtual College – Social Media Marketing training
- Tyro Training – Business Skills & management
- Directory of Social Change – online training on Customer Service Skills & Writing Skills
You may also be interested in: