North Yorkshire Funding Summit: Funding the Future
Thursday 30 September 10am – 4.30pm
Thanks for booking on to our North Yorkshire Funding Summit: Funding the Future, the first virtual funding conference for North Yorkshire.
We’re sure that the day will provide you with plenty of inspiration about funding for your organisations and community group.
Please take a look at our event brochure for a run through of the day’s agenda, a profile of our speakers and information about the discussion panels and seminar sessions that we are running.
We are running the event on Zoom meetings. You will be placed in a waiting room before each session starts and when you join, you will automatically be on mute. We’re recording the sessions (links will be sent to you after the event) but if you don’t want to be recorded, please turn your camera off when you join each session. You will be able to pose questions in the chat at the bottom of your Zoom screen.
Below are all the Zoom links that you will need for the day. It might be an idea to keep this web page open in your browser to make it easier to join each session.
Your discussion panel and seminar choices will be in you booking confirmation email (search for an email from ‘email@example.com’ in your inbox) but don’t worry if you can’t remember what you selected, just join whichever seminar takes your fancy.
If you have any problems on the day please call us on 01904 704177.
Speakers (10 – 11am) The waiting room will open at 9:45am
There is one Zoom link for all of our speakers: Jane Colthup, Chief Executive of Community First Yorkshire, Debra Allcock-Tyler, Chief Executive of The Directory of Social Exchange and Ben Cairns, Director and Co-Founder of the Institute of Voluntary Action Research (IVAR).
Panel Discussions (11.10am – 12.10pm) The waiting room will open at 10:55am
- ‘Funding the future’ general discussion
- Village Halls and community buildings
- Mental health and Sport
Seminar session 1 (1:10 – 2:05pm) The waiting room will open at 12:55pm
- Heritage Fund with Helen Peacock
- Sirius Minerals Foundation with Leah Swain
- Strengthening Communities with Mary Mosinghi from the Henry Smith Charity
- The National Lottery Community Fund – ‘Helping Communities to Thrive’ with Paul Varney and Annette Greenwood
- Applying for a capital grant from the Bernard Sunley Foundation with Renata McDonnell
Seminar session 2 (2:15 – 3.15pm) The waiting room will open at 2:05pm
- Meet the Funder: Garfield Weston Foundation with Harriet Brooks and Flora Craig
- ‘Prevention Matters – finding funding for your grassroots community project’, with Mari-Ann Jackson from North Yorkshire County Council Stronger Communities
- ‘How to make both your small or large grant applications a success’ with Caroline Schwaller, from Craven Trust and Veolia Environmental Trust
Seminar session 3 (3.30 – 4.30pm) The waiting room will open at 3.15pm
- ‘What makes a great application to Two Ridings Community Foundation (and probably many other funders too)?’ with Jan Garrill
- ‘Moving Beyond Grants …using Social Investment to diversify and support growth’ with Jeremy Ince from Charity Bank
- Thinking differently with Adrian Bean from Key Fund
- The National Lottery Community Fund: ‘Helping Communities to Thrive’ with Paul Varney and Jenny Whitemore
- ‘Making a Difference Grants Programme’ with Lisa Wilson from Hambleton District Council
Thank you, we do hope your enjoy your day!