Throughout Pride month, Public Health England Yorkshire and Humber Centre are hosting a series of webinars which will explore the disproportionately poorer health outcomes experienced by Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender (LGBT+) people across the life course.
These webinars will provide an opportunity to showcase best practice and foster new ways of working to address and improve LGBT+ health inequalities throughout the region.
These events are open to professionals from across the health, social care and VCSE sectors with a responsibility for addressing LGBT+ health inequalities, including Local Authorities, primary care services, policy makers, commissioners and NHS trusts.
The following sessions will take place
- Understanding the health needs of LGBT+ people – 07 June
- Understanding and tackling Health Risk Behaviours among LGBT+ people (Smoking, substance use and physical activity) – 14 June
- Sexual Health and Wellness for LGBT+, MSM and WSW – 27 June
- Parental care of LGBT+- how can we do it better? – 29 June
- Being young and LGBT+- issues affecting LGBT children and young people – 06 July
- LGBT+ equality in later life and ageing well – 15 July