Safeguarding is everyone’s responsibility. This online learning programme gives you a basic awareness of child protection issues and how to safeguard children from abuse.
This learning package has been developed by North Yorkshire County Council in collaboration with the North Yorkshire Safeguarding Children’s partnership.
Who should attend?
This online learning programme is aimed at individuals in organisations and voluntary groups who work with children and young people in a paid or voluntary capacity, to give a basic awareness of safeguarding children.
What will you learn?
At the end of this learning you will:
- Gain a basic knowledge of child abuse and neglect
- Recognise signs and symptoms of abuse
- Be able to listen to and support children who are in need of protection
- Know how to respond if there are concerns about a child
- Identify the Designated Safeguarding Lead for Child Protection in your setting
- Recognise how to record concerns appropriately
- Be aware of child protection concerns in specific circumstance
This course should take approximately 45 minutes to complete and you can print out a certificate at the end.
Once you have booked a place you will be emailed a link to the learning package. Please ensure you complete the learning no later than 30 April 2021, after this date the link will be changed and you will have to request access again.
Please note there are limited number of places available, please book early.
How to book
Please scroll down to book your place. Once you have completed the booking you will be emailed a link to access the online learning.
If you have any questions about the online learning please contact: email@example.com or telephone 01904 704 177.
If you have any questions about booking please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01904 704 177.
This online learning package is free to organisations in North Yorkshire.