About this event
Are you involved in your local community or do you work for a voluntary or public sector organisation?
Build your skills and knowledge by joining us for our virtual energy training course. Run over 3 sessions (1.5 hours per week), this fun and informative course aims to raise awareness of ways to save energy and how you can support others to reduce costs.
You can learn about:
- Fuel poverty and energy efficiency in your area
- Doing an energy check around your home
- Energy suppliers and energy bills
- Top tips and support schemes for vulnerable groups
- Becoming part of a network of Community Energy Ambassadors
Unfortunately we can’t provide you with tea and biscuits but we can provide a face-to-face virtual meeting space via Zoom where you can interact with us and others!
Please note that this is a 3-week course, 1.5 hours per week
Wednesday 14th July, 1-2.30pm
Wednesday 21st July, 1-2.30pm
Wednesday 28th July, 1-2.30pm
The course is funded by Northern Gas Networks and is free to anyone who is based within their operating area (most of Yorkshire, Northern Cumbria and the North East of England).