One in four people in the UK will experience a mental health problem each year. Completing this course will give you the knowledge, skills and confidence to better understand and support people living with mental health problems, and create a positive environment that ensures they enjoy the benefits of being active and keep coming back for more.
What will you learn?
The four modules will increase your knowledge and understanding of mental health, providing you with the practical skills and strategies to be able to:
- build people’s resilience, self-esteem and confidence
- adapt your sessions to make them more inclusive
- enable and support mental health recovery, and
- tackle stigma and discrimination.
Who is it for?
Everyone who delivers coaching in clubs, community sport and physical activity – such as coaches, activators, sports administrators, front of house staff or volunteers – will benefit.
The course is suitable for learners aged 16 and over. It has been co-designed and evaluated with learners over the age of 16 and includes signposting to adult services. The course discusses sensitive topics including self-harm and suicidal thoughts.
What will you get?
- You will also get access to an extensive bank of resources that you can start using straight away.
- After completing the course you will be able to download your certificate of completion.
- The course has been awarded 3 CPD points by the Chartered Institute for the Management of Sport and Physical Activity (CIMSPA).
This course is self-paced and lasts approximately 2-3 hours, but there is nothing to stop you leaving and finishing at your convenience. You can break up your learning and take time out in between completing modules. You will be able to access it whenever you want, at a time that fits in with your lifestyle.
What is the due date?
You have access to the course for 12 months after enrolment.