Do you want to reduce your energy bills whilst cutting your energy use and carbon emissions?
Do you want to take positive action to tackle climate change?
Join Community First Yorkshire and the Yorkshire Energy Doctor at our free online workshops to learn about ways you can cut your energy usage and (small) things you can do to take action on climate change locally in Ryedale. Sessions will focus on a range of topics, including:
- Switching to a sustainable energy supplier and smart meters
- The Green Homes Grant scheme and renewable technologies
- How to create opportunities for change in your local community
Who should attend?
This workshop is for anyone within the boundaries of Ryedale district who has in interest in energy efficiency, energy savings and wider climate change issues.
What will you learn?
This session will include information on:
- Sustainable choices when switching to a new energy supplier
- Smart meters
- Myths and facts around saving energy in the home
- The Government’s Green Homes Grant scheme
- Renewable technologies
- Small actions that can be taken locally to reduce climate change
- How to create opportunities for change in your community
- Wider social action opportunities through the climate agenda
This training will be delivered by Kate Urwin, The Yorkshire Energy Doctor and Colleen Allwood, Community First Yorkshire’s development officer for Ryedale.
This course is delivered digitally through Zoom. A joining link will be emailed out to participants before the start.
How to book
Please scroll down to book your place.
If you have any questions about the workshop please contact Colleen Allwood on Colleen.Allwood@communityfirstyorkshire.org.uk
If you have any questions about booking please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01904 704 177.