Initiated by Sarah Secombes, (Head of Community Fundraising, CHAS) for those leading fundraising strategy and operations in charities.
About this Event
“An increasingly challenging fundraising environment has seen us reforecast significant loss in income. How do we keep income high, and also keep a team largely driven by income targets motivated?”
Learning Groups are initiated by a request from partners to ‘start the conversation’ on a problem they are grappling with. There are lots of common challenges people are working on, sometimes in isolation. Our Learning Groups bring together individuals from a range of backgrounds to develop peer led solutions. We enable the conversation by extending this invite amongst our own networks and harnessing our facilitation experience.
- Retaining the current supporter networks and finding the ‘right time’ to look at new opportunities
- Imagining ‘what next’ in the priorities for both supporters and grant makers.
- Advocating for, and motivating fundraising teams to work to a new definition of success
- Who is this learning group for?
- Those leading fundraising strategy and operations in charities, specifically those who have influence over ‘next steps’ .
- 90 minutes focused session over zoom
- Small group session to allow for meaningful collaboration.
- Visual and Interactive facilitation focused on action
How The Lens will support learning:
- We will schedule and support dialogue with a focused 90 minute session and follow up.
- We will collate and help define ‘the problem’ to be explored from different viewpoints
- We will bring our experience of creative problem solving and innovation to encourage different perspectives.
- We will support the group to share learning and to surface ‘new thinking’ through prompted discussion.