Do you have customers or clients who come in regularly just to chat?
Do you think they may be experiencing loneliness but don’t know how to start the conversation or how to support them?
Join Community First Yorkshire on our free online workshops to learn what resources are available to you to start the conversation and help your customers find support.
Sessions will focus on a range of topics, including:
- Why tackling loneliness matters in our communities
- How connecting conversations can build stronger local communities
- The resources available to you to start the conversation
- Signposting on to other services
Who should attend?
This workshop is for anyone who has a customer or client-facing role within a business or organisation that services residents of the Howardian Hills. It may be particularly useful for hospitality staff, hairdressers, village shop staff, banking staff, post office and newsagent staff, veterinary staff, dental staff and library staff and volunteers. It will provide a good overview of loneliness and how it can be tackled within the Howardian Hills area.
What will you learn?
By the end of the course you will
- Understand why tackling loneliness matters in our communities
- Understand how connecting conversations can build stronger local communities
- Know the resources available to you to start the conversation
- Know how to find other services you can signpost to
All attendees will receive a certificate of attendance along with a resource pack containing information on the material covered.
This training will be delivered by Colleen Allwood, Community First Yorkshire’s development officer for Ryedale.
This course is delivered digitally through Zoom. A joining link will be emailed out to participants before the start.
How to book
Please scroll down to book your place.
If you have any questions about the workshop please contact Colleen Allwood on Colleen.Allwood@communityfirstyorkshire.org.uk
If you have any questions about booking please contact email@example.com or telephone 01904 704 177.