Following the introduction of social distancing measures earlier this year, the focus of trustees has rightly on responding to the crisis. This involved understanding and managing a charity’s immediate financial position as well as making difficult decisions about delivering services differently and ensuring that staff and volunteers were safe and supported in their roles. In this webinar, NCVO in association with the Association of Chairs will explore what role the trustees and chairs will play in the next phase of the pandemic. Some of the ongoing challenges, as well as opportunities, with the easing of social distancing restrictions will be examined. Finally, some thoughts on governing effectively through change will be shared.
What will I learn?
In this webinar we will cover:
- the role of the chair and the board in supporting organisations in the next phase
- challenges and opportunities which the easing of lockdown presents for trustees
- tips and resources to help boards plan in a period of significant change.
- Dan Francis, Lead Governance Consultant, NCVO
- Ros Oakley, Chief Executive, The Association of Chairs
- Josie Hinton, Capacity-building Programmes Manager, NCVO
Who should join the webinar?
This webinar is open to all but will be particularly useful for chair’s and trustees of smaller and medium size charities. As well as those that support effective governance.
Can’t make the webinar?
Don’t worry, register anyway. The webinar will be recorded and if you’ve registered you will be sent a link to the recording.